Request to join mailing list

Jennifer Barnabee
Please add me to this mailing list. I am a tech writer who has used NiFi in
the past, and I would like to contribute to the Apache NiFi incubator
project. I have submitted an ICLA, but I realize that it takes time to
receive confirmation that it has been received.

Best regards,
Jennifer Barnabee

Re: Request to join mailing list

Joe Witt
You're all set now Jenn.  The subscribe email kick off the process.

I dont recall seeing notice of the icla but will take a look.

On Dec 31, 2014 8:51 AM, "Jennifer Barnabee" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Please add me to this mailing list. I am a tech writer who has used NiFi in
> the past, and I would like to contribute to the Apache NiFi incubator
> project. I have submitted an ICLA, but I realize that it takes time to
> receive confirmation that it has been received.
>
> Best regards,
> Jennifer Barnabee

Re: Request to join mailing list

Joe Witt
Jenn,

Now that the ICLA has indeed come through you are really all set.  If you
look here you can see current tickets outstanding for documentation work.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-162 (though jira appears down at
the moment).

Probably the easiest way to get started is through the Github mirror of
apache nifi found here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nifi/tree/develop

We're doing most work now from the develop branch so that is the one you'll
want to pull from.  Some info on how to do so is found here:
http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/development/quickstart.html

The current home of the documentation is '/nifi-docs' and the format
they're written in is something called 'asciidoc'.  You can read more about
it here: http://asciidoc.org/userguide.html

When you make edits you can build that maven module and take a look at the
resulting HTML it produces.

Once you have changes you'd like to propose you can attach a patch to an
active/appropriate JIRA ticket and/or submit a pull request from Github.
The only two documents we've really done a decent job on making a headstart
for just yet is a user guide and a general overview.  The current drafts of
which can be found here:

http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/overview.html
http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/user-guide.html

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You're all set now Jenn.  The subscribe email kick off the process.
>
> I dont recall seeing notice of the icla but will take a look.

> On Dec 31, 2014 8:51 AM, "Jennifer Barnabee" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Please add me to this mailing list. I am a tech writer who has used NiFi
>> in
>> the past, and I would like to contribute to the Apache NiFi incubator
>> project. I have submitted an ICLA, but I realize that it takes time to
>> receive confirmation that it has been received.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jennifer Barnabee

Re: Request to join mailing list

Joe Witt
<resending as it didn't make it into the dev archive>

[...]

Thanks