Running NiFi from IDE

Amir Akhmedov
Hi,

Is there any documentation on how to run NiFi inside IDE? I've tried and
faced some issues that I couldn't resolve.

Thank you.

Sincerely Yours Amir Akhmedov

Re: Running NiFi from IDE

Mark Payne
Amir,

I don't know of anyone having run NiFi from their IDE. I'm assuming you
want to do this in order to debug a processor?

Generally, we run NiFi with Remote Debug Enabled and debug that way.

To enable remote debug, uncomment this line in your conf/bootstrap.conf
file:

# Enable Remote Debugging
#java.arg.debug=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000
Then you can connect through whichever IDE you prefer.

I don't think we actually mention anything in the Developer Guide about
debugging strategies. I have created a ticket
to update the Developer Guide and include this information:

Thanks!
-Mark

>Is there any documentation on how to run NiFi inside IDE? I've tried
>and
>faced some issues that I couldn't resolve.
>

>Thank you.

>Sincerely Yours Amir Akhmedov

Re: Running NiFi from IDE

Amir Akhmedov
Mark,

Yes, you are right, I did need it for debug purpose and it worked.

Thank you!