S3 configuration

plj

S3 configuration

plj
Greetings,

  I'm trying to do a PutS3Object.  When I try to use it I get :
2016-01-08 15:43:17,518 INFO [Timer-Driven Process Thread-6] com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient Unable to execute HTTP request: Connection refused: conjava.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.TwoStacksPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_66]

Can someone give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong?  I set the bucket, access key, secret key, and the region. Everything else I left as the default.  Is there more I have to do?

thank you,

Patrick Jones

Re: S3 configuration

Joe Percivall
Hello Patrick,

Sorry no one has gotten back to you on this. Are you still having an issue?

Unfortunately I don't have any S3 experience. Is there anyone else that can weigh in?

Joe- - - - - -
Joseph Percivall
linkedin.com/in/Percivall
e: [hidden email]

On Friday, January 8, 2016 4:02 PM, plj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings,

  I'm trying to do a PutS3Object.  When I try to use it I get :
2016-01-08 15:43:17,518 INFO [Timer-Driven Process Thread-6]
com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient Unable to execute HTTP request:
Connection refused: conjava.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:
connect
        at java.net.TwoStacksPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
~[na:1.8.0_66]

Can someone give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong?  I set the bucket,
access key, secret key, and the region. Everything else I left as the
default.  Is there more I have to do?

thank you,

Patrick Jones

Re: S3 configuration

Joe Skora
Patrick,

Can you access S3 with the AWS CLI tools <https://aws.amazon.com/cli/>?
Something like "list-buckets" is enough to confirm you can access S3 ok
from the system your using.