Set root level access policies using NiFi REST API

Set root level access policies using NiFi REST API

Milan Das
I am wondering if it is possible to set root level access policies using NiFi REST API.

There is an unanswerd forum.

https://community.hortonworks.com/answers/213913/post.html

Thanks,

Milan Das

Re: Set root level access policies using NiFi REST API

Bryan Bende
Anything you can do from the UI you can do from the REST API.

You can open something like Chrome Dev tools and watch the network tab
which performing the desired action in the UI. Then you can see what
API calls the UI makes.
On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 1:53 PM Milan Das <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am wondering if it is possible to set root level access policies using NiFi REST API.
>

> There is an unanswerd forum.
>
> https://community.hortonworks.com/answers/213913/post.html
>

> Thanks,
>
> Milan Das

Re: Set root level access policies using NiFi REST API

Andy LoPresto-2
You can also use tools like the NiFi CLI [1] or community-provided tools like NiPyAPI [2] to exercise the REST API via command-line actions rather than having to execute individual curl commands, etc.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-toolkit/nifi-toolkit-cli
[2] https://nipyapi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/readme.html

PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> On Dec 18, 2018, at 11:05 AM, Bryan Bende <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anything you can do from the UI you can do from the REST API.
>
> You can open something like Chrome Dev tools and watch the network tab
> which performing the desired action in the UI. Then you can see what
> API calls the UI makes.
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 1:53 PM Milan Das <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I am wondering if it is possible to set root level access policies using NiFi REST API.
>>

>> There is an unanswerd forum.
>>
>> https://community.hortonworks.com/answers/213913/post.html
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Milan Das

Re: Set root level access policies using NiFi REST API

Milan Das
Thank you. I used Chrome developers tool to track all API calls.
I added all the steps in my blogs. It is needed by many users.
https://milandas.wordpress.com/2018/12/27/nifi-grant-all-access-to-initial-admin-user/ <https://milandas.wordpress.com/2018/12/27/nifi-grant-all-access-to-initial-admin-user/>

Thanks,
Milan Das