Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)

Benson Margulies
Folks,

It's my view as a mentor, and I know that it's also the view of some
of the other mentors, that you are all ready to go catch your own
worms.

Humor aside, I'm not proposing to go find a lever and push you out
whether you like it or not. Rather, I write this message to invite a
consensus of the community to proceed towards graduation. It would be
typical for some of you to perhaps have some qualms or concerns as to
whether you are ready; this thread invites the airing of same.

If this thread finds such a consensus, I think that the broad outline
of the procedure will be:

1: collect the identities of current PPMC members who wish to be PMC members.
2: collect nominations on a first PMC chair, and reach a consensus
3: draft a resolution for the ASF board
4: put the resolution up for a vote of the IPMC

--benson

Re: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)

trkurc
Administrator
+1

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 8:11 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Folks,
>
> It's my view as a mentor, and I know that it's also the view of some
> of the other mentors, that you are all ready to go catch your own
> worms.
>
> Humor aside, I'm not proposing to go find a lever and push you out
> whether you like it or not. Rather, I write this message to invite a
> consensus of the community to proceed towards graduation. It would be
> typical for some of you to perhaps have some qualms or concerns as to
> whether you are ready; this thread invites the airing of same.
>
> If this thread finds such a consensus, I think that the broad outline
> of the procedure will be:
>
> 1: collect the identities of current PPMC members who wish to be PMC
> members.
> 2: collect nominations on a first PMC chair, and reach a consensus
> 3: draft a resolution for the ASF board
> 4: put the resolution up for a vote of the IPMC
>
> --benson

Re: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)

Brandon DeVries
+1

On Tue, May 19, 2015, 8:13 PM Tony Kurc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 8:11 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > It's my view as a mentor, and I know that it's also the view of some
> > of the other mentors, that you are all ready to go catch your own
> > worms.
> >
> > Humor aside, I'm not proposing to go find a lever and push you out
> > whether you like it or not. Rather, I write this message to invite a
> > consensus of the community to proceed towards graduation. It would be
> > typical for some of you to perhaps have some qualms or concerns as to
> > whether you are ready; this thread invites the airing of same.
> >
> > If this thread finds such a consensus, I think that the broad outline
> > of the procedure will be:
> >
> > 1: collect the identities of current PPMC members who wish to be PMC
> > members.
> > 2: collect nominations on a first PMC chair, and reach a consensus
> > 3: draft a resolution for the ASF board
> > 4: put the resolution up for a vote of the IPMC
> >
> > --benson

Re: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)

estrada.adam
+1!!!

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 19, 2015, at 8:11 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> It's my view as a mentor, and I know that it's also the view of some
> of the other mentors, that you are all ready to go catch your own
> worms.
>
> Humor aside, I'm not proposing to go find a lever and push you out
> whether you like it or not. Rather, I write this message to invite a
> consensus of the community to proceed towards graduation. It would be
> typical for some of you to perhaps have some qualms or concerns as to
> whether you are ready; this thread invites the airing of same.
>
> If this thread finds such a consensus, I think that the broad outline
> of the procedure will be:
>
> 1: collect the identities of current PPMC members who wish to be PMC members.
> 2: collect nominations on a first PMC chair, and reach a consensus
> 3: draft a resolution for the ASF board
> 4: put the resolution up for a vote of the IPMC
>
> --benson

RE: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)

Mark Payne
+1!

> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)
> Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 20:20:41 -0400
> To: [hidden email]
>
> +1!!!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 19, 2015, at 8:11 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> It's my view as a mentor, and I know that it's also the view of some
>> of the other mentors, that you are all ready to go catch your own
>> worms.
>>
>> Humor aside, I'm not proposing to go find a lever and push you out
>> whether you like it or not. Rather, I write this message to invite a
>> consensus of the community to proceed towards graduation. It would be
>> typical for some of you to perhaps have some qualms or concerns as to
>> whether you are ready; this thread invites the airing of same.
>>
>> If this thread finds such a consensus, I think that the broad outline
>> of the procedure will be:
>>
>> 1: collect the identities of current PPMC members who wish to be PMC members.
>> 2: collect nominations on a first PMC chair, and reach a consensus
>> 3: draft a resolution for the ASF board
>> 4: put the resolution up for a vote of the IPMC
>>
>> --benson

Re: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)

Jennifer Barnabee
+1

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 19, 2015, at 8:53 PM, Mark Payne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1!

>> From: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)
>> Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 20:20:41 -0400
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> +1!!!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On May 19, 2015, at 8:11 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> It's my view as a mentor, and I know that it's also the view of some
>>> of the other mentors, that you are all ready to go catch your own
>>> worms.
>>>
>>> Humor aside, I'm not proposing to go find a lever and push you out
>>> whether you like it or not. Rather, I write this message to invite a
>>> consensus of the community to proceed towards graduation. It would be
>>> typical for some of you to perhaps have some qualms or concerns as to
>>> whether you are ready; this thread invites the airing of same.
>>>
>>> If this thread finds such a consensus, I think that the broad outline
>>> of the procedure will be:
>>>
>>> 1: collect the identities of current PPMC members who wish to be PMC members.
>>> 2: collect nominations on a first PMC chair, and reach a consensus
>>> 3: draft a resolution for the ASF board
>>> 4: put the resolution up for a vote of the IPMC
>>>
>>> --benson

Re: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)

Andrew Purtell-2
+1 from another mentor.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Sez a mentor: go graduate :-)

Joe Witt
I am a +1 and mindful that we must always grow the community.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Andrew Purtell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 from another mentor.
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> It's my view as a mentor, and I know that it's also the view of some
>> of the other mentors, that you are all ready to go catch your own
>> worms.
>>
>> Humor aside, I'm not proposing to go find a lever and push you out
>> whether you like it or not. Rather, I write this message to invite a
>> consensus of the community to proceed towards graduation. It would be
>> typical for some of you to perhaps have some qualms or concerns as to
>> whether you are ready; this thread invites the airing of same.
>>
>> If this thread finds such a consensus, I think that the broad outline
>> of the procedure will be:
>>
>> 1: collect the identities of current PPMC members who wish to be PMC
>> members.
>> 2: collect nominations on a first PMC chair, and reach a consensus
>> 3: draft a resolution for the ASF board
>> 4: put the resolution up for a vote of the IPMC
>>
>> --benson
>>

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy