Simple NIFI process

cpk

Simple NIFI process

cpk
Hi,

Thanks for you quick response.

I am just started using nifi and I want to create a simple process to
perform message manipulation. Input will be "Hello World" and output should
be "Bye bye World".

Please suggest me how to proceed to do this simple task.

Thanks & Regards,
Pavan

Re: Simple NIFI process

Joe Witt
Hello Pavan,

For developing your own processor the best place to start is the new
developer guide:
   http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/developer-guide.html

Also beyond that there are certainly many good examples here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nifi/tree/develop/nifi/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard

A processor which is very basic and thus a good place to start is here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nifi/blob/develop/nifi/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/standard/HashContent.java

As you progress feel free to ask questions and we'll all try to assist.

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Pavan Chenduluru <[hidden email]>

> Thanks for you quick response.
>
> I am just started using nifi and I want to create a simple process to
> perform message manipulation. Input will be "Hello World" and output should
> be "Bye bye World".
>
> Please suggest me how to proceed to do this simple task.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Pavan

Re: Simple NIFI process

trkurc
Administrator
Pavan,
Is your question how do you develop your own extension to do this, or is
there a configuration you could use 'off the shelf'?