Unable to add custom processor to NiFi flow

Unable to add custom processor to NiFi flow

Jeffrey Storck
Hello,

I was referred to this email address by another NiFi developer.  I am
trying to add a custom processor to a NiFi flow via the UI and encountering
the following errror:

Unable to create processor of type com.foo.MyProcessor due to:
com.foo.MyProcessor

The nifi-users.log has the same statement there, no stacktrace.  I am not
sure at this point what is keeping the processor from being created.

I am developing against the 0.0.2-incubating version of nifi-api.

Any advice or direction would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Jeff

Re: Unable to add custom processor to NiFi flow

Joe Witt
Jeffrey,

Take a look in the 'nifi-app.log'.  There should be a full stack trace
there most likely.

If there are failures like this while adding to the graph there is
likely some lifecycle method being called and throwing a stacktrace.
Take a look in the app log and see if it is there.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Jeffrey Storck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was referred to this email address by another NiFi developer.  I am
> trying to add a custom processor to a NiFi flow via the UI and encountering
> the following errror:
>
> Unable to create processor of type com.foo.MyProcessor due to:
> com.foo.MyProcessor
>
> The nifi-users.log has the same statement there, no stacktrace.  I am not
> sure at this point what is keeping the processor from being created.
>
> I am developing against the 0.0.2-incubating version of nifi-api.
>
> Any advice or direction would be appreciated.  Thanks!

> Jeff

Re: Unable to add custom processor to NiFi flow

mattw
I'm encountering the same issue, same release, and the nifi-app.log doesn't contain any stack traces or anything at all out of the ordinary really.  Any other thoughts?

Re: Unable to add custom processor to NiFi flow

Matt Gilman
M,

Yes, the relevant details will be in your nifi-user.log. You will likely
need to enable debug on this line in conf/logback.xml.

    <logger name="org.apache.nifi.web.api.config" level="DEBUG"
additivity="false">
        <appender-ref ref="USER_FILE"/>
    </logger>

In subsequent versions the need to enable DEBUG level logging has been
address. The error and stacktrace will be logged automatically.

Thanks.

Matt