Unable to push to develop

Dan Bress
Do I need to be granted special accesses to push to develop?  If so, who should I talk to about getting that access?

I am trying to merge/push NIFI-633 and am unable to push to develop.  This is the error I get

C:\dev\incubator-nifi-committer\incubator-nifi\nifi>git push origin develop
Username for 'https://git-wip-us.apache.org': danbress
Password for 'https://danbress@...':
Counting objects: 160, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (16/16), done.
Writing objects: 100% (21/21), 1.69 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 21 (delta 8), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: You are not authorized to edit this repository.
remote:
To https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-nifi.git
 ! [remote rejected] develop -> develop (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incu
bator-nifi.git'

Dan Bress
Software Engineer
ONYX Consulting Services

Re: Unable to push to develop

Joe Witt
Dan,

Hmmm.  I recall seeing your pushes into the incubator-nifi.git repo
the other day but they were branches other than master or develop.
Right?  I did not think we had specific branches locked down for
specific users.

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Dan Bress <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do I need to be granted special accesses to push to develop?  If so, who should I talk to about getting that access?
>

> I am trying to merge/push NIFI-633 and am unable to push to develop.  This is the error I get
>

> C:\dev\incubator-nifi-committer\incubator-nifi\nifi>git push origin develop
> Username for 'https://git-wip-us.apache.org': danbress
> Password for 'https://danbress@...':
> Counting objects: 160, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (16/16), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (21/21), 1.69 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 21 (delta 8), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: You are not authorized to edit this repository.
> remote:
> To https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-nifi.git
>  ! [remote rejected] develop -> develop (pre-receive hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incu
> bator-nifi.git'
>

> Dan Bress
> Software Engineer
> ONYX Consulting Services

Re: Unable to push to develop

Dan Bress
Joe,
   Correct... although I just tried pushing again and it worked!  Woohoo!  Must have fat fingered the password or something the first go round.

Dan Bress
Software Engineer
ONYX Consulting Services