Updating / Adding LICENSE and NOTICE entries for new processors

Updating / Adding LICENSE and NOTICE entries for new processors

Anthony Roach

We see a LICENSE and NOTICE file in https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-assembly

We also see LICENSE and NOTICE files in each nar bundle.  Looking at Mongo’s processors, they appear to differ.

We have the dependencies for our code.  How do we determine what to update where?

Thanks…

___________________________________

Anthony Roach

Product Manager
MarkLogic Corporation

Desk: +1 650 287 2587

Mobile: +1 415 368 6460
www.marklogic.com

Re: Updating / Adding LICENSE and NOTICE entries for new processors

Mike Thomsen
Anthony,

Related to that, have you verified that your dependencies are all using
licenses that can be merged into an ASF-sponsored project? The link below
contains the ASF's legal guidance on the subject:

https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

I strongly recommend doing a deep dive through your dependencies on that
matter. My company had a pretty cool processor we were very close to
getting client approval to release and then we found out the key library
was strongly incompatible with the ASF's guidance.

Thanks,

Mike

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 5:17 PM Anthony Roach <[hidden email]>

> We see a LICENSE and NOTICE file in
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-assembly
>
> We also see LICENSE and NOTICE files in each nar bundle.  Looking at
> Mongo’s processors, they appear to differ.
>

> We have the dependencies for our code.  How do we determine what to update
> where?
>

> Thanks…
>

> ___________________________________
>
> Anthony Roach
>
> Product Manager
> MarkLogic Corporation
>
> Desk: +1 650 287 2587 <(650)%20287-2587>
>
> Mobile: +1 415 368 6460 <(415)%20368-6460>
> www.marklogic.com
> <https://exchange.marklogic.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=2xvxxIRdFrhaKKSB3ci9GbM0QJCBS5YGss9e9ahFqmgMx1QfDTTUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.marklogic.com%2f>
>
> [image: MLSoMeSignature] <http://www.marklogic.com/social/>

Re: Updating / Adding LICENSE and NOTICE entries for new processors

Bryan Bende
Anthony,

Each binary artifact that NiFi publishes must account for the binary
artifacts that it includes.

Each NAR is published to Maven central on a release, so each NAR
potentially needs a LICENSE/NOTICE.

The overall NiFi assembly includes all NARs, so the LICENSE/NOTICE in
nifi-assembly is the super set.

For determining how to create the LICENSE/NOTICE for your NAR, you can
take a look at what Mike linked to, as well as NiFi's Licensing Guide:

https://nifi.apache.org/licensing-guide.html

Thanks,

Bryan

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 5:46 PM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> Related to that, have you verified that your dependencies are all using
> licenses that can be merged into an ASF-sponsored project? The link below
> contains the ASF's legal guidance on the subject:
>
> https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
>
> I strongly recommend doing a deep dive through your dependencies on that
> matter. My company had a pretty cool processor we were very close to
> getting client approval to release and then we found out the key library
> was strongly incompatible with the ASF's guidance.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 5:17 PM Anthony Roach <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5102
>>

>> We see a LICENSE and NOTICE file in
>> https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-assembly
>>
>> We also see LICENSE and NOTICE files in each nar bundle.  Looking at
>> Mongo’s processors, they appear to differ.
>>

>> We have the dependencies for our code.  How do we determine what to update
>> where?
>>

>> Thanks…
>>

>> ___________________________________
>>
>> Anthony Roach
>>
>> Product Manager
>> MarkLogic Corporation
>>
>> Desk: +1 650 287 2587 <(650)%20287-2587>
>>
>> Mobile: +1 415 368 6460 <(415)%20368-6460>
>> www.marklogic.com
>> <https://exchange.marklogic.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=2xvxxIRdFrhaKKSB3ci9GbM0QJCBS5YGss9e9ahFqmgMx1QfDTTUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.marklogic.com%2f>
>>
>> [image: MLSoMeSignature] <http://www.marklogic.com/social/>

Re: Updating / Adding LICENSE and NOTICE entries for new processors

Joe Witt
and Anthony id be happy to take a look at any pr on this.

thanks