Users mailing list!

Corey Flowers
Hey guys, can we get a apacheNIFI-users mailing list?

Thanks!

--
Corey Flowers
Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc

Re: Users mailing list!

Joe Witt
Corey

If you promise to be our first user then i guess we can think about it ;-)

I think generally as the discussion on dev starts to get enough user
oriented questions then folks start thinking about doing user lists.
Our job in building the community at this early stage is to keep in
mind how to best engage with folks to increase the odds of their
participation.  Participation here meaning contributing ideas,
patches, bug reports, etc..

I would defer to the mentors and other apache veterans here on when it
is the right time to create a user list.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:03 PM, Corey Flowers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey guys, can we get a apacheNIFI-users mailing list?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Corey Flowers
> Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
> (410) 541-6699
> [hidden email]
>
> -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --

Re: Users mailing list!

Corey Flowers
Where do I sign up? :-)

My thinking was that Operational people such as myself tend to ask less
questions about implementation in a development forum because they are
either intimidated (don't want to ask a question they feel is too basic) or
feel that developers are dealing with issues at a more focused granular
level.

Thanks, I too, will defer to the vets!

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Corey
>
> If you promise to be our first user then i guess we can think about it ;-)
>
> I think generally as the discussion on dev starts to get enough user
> oriented questions then folks start thinking about doing user lists.
> Our job in building the community at this early stage is to keep in
> mind how to best engage with folks to increase the odds of their
> participation.  Participation here meaning contributing ideas,
> patches, bug reports, etc..
>
> I would defer to the mentors and other apache veterans here on when it
> is the right time to create a user list.

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:03 PM, Corey Flowers <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hey guys, can we get a apacheNIFI-users mailing list?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Corey Flowers
> > Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
> > (410) 541-6699
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --

--
Corey Flowers
Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
(410) 541-6699

Re: Users mailing list!

Adam Taft
+1

dev list for development and programming concerns.

user list for operational / setup / sys admin type questions.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:25 PM, Corey Flowers <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Where do I sign up? :-)
>
> My thinking was that Operational people such as myself tend to ask less
> questions about implementation in a development forum because they are
> either intimidated (don't want to ask a question they feel is too basic) or
> feel that developers are dealing with issues at a more focused granular
> level.
>
> Thanks, I too, will defer to the vets!
>
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Corey
> >
> > If you promise to be our first user then i guess we can think about it
> ;-)
> >
> > I think generally as the discussion on dev starts to get enough user
> > oriented questions then folks start thinking about doing user lists.
> > Our job in building the community at this early stage is to keep in
> > mind how to best engage with folks to increase the odds of their
> > participation.  Participation here meaning contributing ideas,
> > patches, bug reports, etc..
> >
> > I would defer to the mentors and other apache veterans here on when it
> > is the right time to create a user list.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Joe
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:03 PM, Corey Flowers <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > Hey guys, can we get a apacheNIFI-users mailing list?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Corey Flowers
> > > Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
> > > (410) 541-6699
> > > [hidden email]
> > >
> > > -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --
> >

> --
> Corey Flowers
> Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc
> (410) 541-6699
> [hidden email]
>
> -- This account not approved for unencrypted proprietary information --

Re: Users mailing list!

Sergio Fernández
Hi guys,

of course you can request such mailing list for your podling.

On 13/02/15 05:11, Adam Taft wrote:
> dev list for development and programming concerns.
>
> user list for operational / setup / sys admin type questions.

Usually I like that approach. I think it makes easier for newbies to
jump in without taking care of so deep technical discussions around.

But there are also projects in Apache, specially those with small
communities, that prefer to have all in one mailing list.

So it's actually up to you. Maybe at this phase you do not need it yet,
so you could discuss again this issue in few months.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández