[Vote] NiFi Logo

Joe Witt
Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
ticket:

He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/

Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.

The vote will last 72 hours.

[ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
[ 0 ] don't care
[ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have

My vote:  +1

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Brandon DeVries
I vote +1.

Brandon

On Thursday, January 8, 2015, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
> ticket:

> He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.
>
> The vote will last 72 hours.
>
> [ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
> [ 0 ] don't care
> [ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have
>
> My vote:  +1

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Matt Gilman
+1

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
> ticket:

> He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.
>
> The vote will last 72 hours.
>
> [ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
> [ 0 ] don't care
> [ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have
>
> My vote:  +1

RE: [Vote] NiFi Logo

johny casanova
+1

> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 20:42:33 -0500
> Subject: [Vote] NiFi Logo
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
> ticket:

> He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.
>
> The vote will last 72 hours.
>
> [ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
> [ 0 ] don't care
> [ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have
>
> My vote:  +1

RE: [Vote] NiFi Logo

I vote +1

> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 20:42:33 -0500
> Subject: [Vote] NiFi Logo
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
> ticket:

> He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.
>
> The vote will last 72 hours.
>
> [ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
> [ 0 ] don't care
> [ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have
>
> My vote:  +1

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Michael Moser
+1

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
>> ticket:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-240
>>
>> He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
>> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
>>
>> Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.
>>
>> The vote will last 72 hours.
>>
>> [ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
>> [ 0 ] don't care
>> [ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have
>>
>> My vote:  +1
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Joe Gresock
+1

--
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do
all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Aldrin Piri
+1

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Joe Gresock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Michael Moser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > +1

>> JIRA

> --
> I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
> whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do
> all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

trkurc
Administrator
+1

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Joe Gresock <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Michael Moser <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> +1

> >> JIRA

> > --
> > I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
> > have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
> > whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can
> do
> > all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Adam Taft
In terms of metaphor, we have:

existing: a torrent of water
proposed:  a droplet of water

I tend to view NiFi more as a never ending torrent, not a single droplet.
The waterfall speaks to me from this point of view.  Exploring the use of
the waterfall as a logo would be interesting, it's more alive, more
dynamic, more representative of data on the move.  I'd hate to see us
completely lose the concept in favor of the more polished droplet.

The three color presentation of the waterfall icon is also more simple and
clean, it will scale through different sizes, shapes and resolutions
better.  Gradients have a slightly "dirty" feel to them and tend to get
choppy when scaled.  Look at a 16x16 scaled version of the bgNifiLogo.png,
as an example (like what you'd see in a browser favicon.ico).

Not a down vote, just some observations.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Joe Gresock <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Michael Moser <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> +1

> >> JIRA

> > --
> > I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
> > have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
> > whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can
> do
> > all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Jennifer Barnabee
If I'm allowed to vote: +1
If I'm not allowed to vote: please ignore :-)

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
> ticket:

> He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.
>
> The vote will last 72 hours.
>
> [ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
> [ 0 ] don't care
> [ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have
>
> My vote:  +1

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Joey Echeverria
+1 (non-binding)

Joey Echeverria

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:57 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Joe Gresock <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Michael Moser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> +1

>>> JIRA

>> --
>> I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
>> have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
>> whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do
>> all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Alex Moundalexis
+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
> ticket:

> He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.
>
> The vote will last 72 hours.
>
> [ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
> [ 0 ] don't care
> [ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have
>
> My vote:  +1

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Mike Drob-2
-1 (non-binding)

Adam's observations resonate strongly with me.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Adam Taft <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In terms of metaphor, we have:
>
> existing: a torrent of water
> proposed:  a droplet of water
>
> I tend to view NiFi more as a never ending torrent, not a single droplet.
> The waterfall speaks to me from this point of view.  Exploring the use of
> the waterfall as a logo would be interesting, it's more alive, more
> dynamic, more representative of data on the move.  I'd hate to see us
> completely lose the concept in favor of the more polished droplet.
>
> The three color presentation of the waterfall icon is also more simple and
> clean, it will scale through different sizes, shapes and resolutions
> better.  Gradients have a slightly "dirty" feel to them and tend to get
> choppy when scaled.  Look at a 16x16 scaled version of the bgNifiLogo.png,
> as an example (like what you'd see in a browser favicon.ico).
>
> Not a down vote, just some observations.
>

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Joe Gresock <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > +1

> this

> > > --
> > > I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have
> plenty.  I
> > > have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
> > > whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can
> > do
> > > all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Steven Youtsey
0

     On Friday, January 9, 2015 11:20 AM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:

 -1 (non-binding)

Adam's observations resonate strongly with me.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Adam Taft <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In terms of metaphor, we have:
>
> existing: a torrent of water
> proposed:  a droplet of water
>
> I tend to view NiFi more as a never ending torrent, not a single droplet.
> The waterfall speaks to me from this point of view.  Exploring the use of
> the waterfall as a logo would be interesting, it's more alive, more
> dynamic, more representative of data on the move.  I'd hate to see us
> completely lose the concept in favor of the more polished droplet.
>
> The three color presentation of the waterfall icon is also more simple and
> clean, it will scale through different sizes, shapes and resolutions
> better.  Gradients have a slightly "dirty" feel to them and tend to get
> choppy when scaled.  Look at a 16x16 scaled version of the bgNifiLogo.png,
> as an example (like what you'd see in a browser favicon.ico).
>
> Not a down vote, just some observations.
>

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Joe Gresock <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > +1

> this

> > > --
> > > I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have
> plenty.  I
> > > have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
> > > whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can
> > do
> > > all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Joey Echeverria
Don't worry, any one is allowed to vote :) The only thing that differs
is who's votes are binding. The community can decide who's votes are
binding but the ASF has guidelines:

And PMC votes are always binding.

-Joey

Joey Echeverria

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Josh Elser
+1 (non-binding)

Joe Witt wrote:

> Rob Moran authored a very nice nifi logo and has submitted it in this JIRA
> ticket:

> He offers this as a replacement to the current logo that we have at
> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Let's take a vote and see if there is a clear favorite.
>
> The vote will last 72 hours.
>
> [ +1 ] Accept the logo submissions in NIFI-240
> [ 0 ] don't care
> [ -1 ] Keep the current logo we already have
>
> My vote:  +1

Re: [Vote] NiFi Logo

Joe Witt
Hello Everyone

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the logo.  The result is:
13 [+1]
1 [0]
1 [-1]

Given the strength of the vote we're moving to the logos in NIFI-240.