Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Milan Chandna
Hi,

Can admins please make me a contributor so that I can assign Jira[NIFI-4360]<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4360> (that I raised) to myself.

Regards,
Milan.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Andre
Milan,

Would you be able to comment on the differences between NIFI-4360 and
NIFI-1922 ?

Cheers

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Milan Chandna <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can admins please make me a contributor so that I can assign
> Jira[NIFI-4360]<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4360> (that I
> raised) to myself.
>
> Regards,
> Milan.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Milan Chandna
Hi Andre,

NIFI-4360 is about ADLS(Azure Data Lake Store) support whereas NIFI-1922 is about WASB(Azure Blob Storage also called as Windows Azure Storage Blob) support.

They both are different kind of repositories, meant for different purposes.
Also the user set for both technologies might be overlapping but not same.
So we need to support ADLS as well.
To know more about the difference, please refer to below mentioned Microsoft official link.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-lake-store/data-lake-store-comparison-with-blob-storage 

Regards,
Milan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:52 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Milan,

Would you be able to comment on the differences between NIFI-4360 and
NIFI-1922 ?

Cheers

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Milan Chandna < [hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can admins please make me a contributor so that I can assign
> Jira[NIFI-4360]<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=htt
> ps%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fbrowse%2FNIFI-4360&data=02%7C01%
> 7CMilan.Chandna%40microsoft.com%7C3111d807fbd242266c0008d4fb307f28%7C7
> 2f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636409633098059764&sdata=3mo
> 1IncHZfHyQ4YjFX70ZbvJsVczIFSHRG3NUUtEuo0%3D&reserved=0> (that I
> raised) to myself.
>
> Regards,
> Milan.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Aldrin Piri
Hi Milan,

I have added your JIRA account as a contributor to the NIFI project. You
should be able to assign issues to yourself.  Please let us know if there
are any problems.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Milan Chandna <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> NIFI-4360 is about ADLS(Azure Data Lake Store) support whereas NIFI-1922
> is about WASB(Azure Blob Storage also called as Windows Azure Storage Blob)
> support.
>
> They both are different kind of repositories, meant for different purposes.
> Also the user set for both technologies might be overlapping but not same.
> So we need to support ADLS as well.
> To know more about the difference, please refer to below mentioned
> Microsoft official link.
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-lake-store/data-
> lake-store-comparison-with-blob-storage
>
> Regards,
> Milan.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andre [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:52 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]
>
> Milan,
>
> Would you be able to comment on the differences between NIFI-4360 and
> NIFI-1922 ?
>
> Cheers
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Milan Chandna <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can admins please make me a contributor so that I can assign
> > Jira[NIFI-4360]<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=htt
> > ps%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fbrowse%2FNIFI-4360&data=02%7C01%
> > 7CMilan.Chandna%40microsoft.com%7C3111d807fbd242266c0008d4fb307f28%7C7
> > 2f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636409633098059764&sdata=3mo
> > 1IncHZfHyQ4YjFX70ZbvJsVczIFSHRG3NUUtEuo0%3D&reserved=0> (that I
> > raised) to myself.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Milan.
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Milan Chandna
Hi Aldrin,

I'm able to assign the issue to myself.
Thanks for your help.
Appreciate the quick replies.

Regards,
Milan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aldrin Piri [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:16 PM
To: dev <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Hi Milan,

I have added your JIRA account as a contributor to the NIFI project. You should be able to assign issues to yourself.  Please let us know if there are any problems.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Milan Chandna < [hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> NIFI-4360 is about ADLS(Azure Data Lake Store) support whereas
> NIFI-1922 is about WASB(Azure Blob Storage also called as Windows
> Azure Storage Blob) support.
>
> They both are different kind of repositories, meant for different purposes.
> Also the user set for both technologies might be overlapping but not same.
> So we need to support ADLS as well.
> To know more about the difference, please refer to below mentioned
> Microsoft official link.
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.
> microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fazure%2Fdata-lake-store%2Fdata-&data=02%7C01%7
> CMilan.Chandna%40microsoft.com%7C410163d9c56e4fed023408d4fb98902e%7C72
> f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636410080054933260&sdata=Jh83
> tc6ip3LCEhS5iPwJfYh0uYAiFbN6oUq8EFLetIU%3D&reserved=0
> lake-store-comparison-with-blob-storage
>
> Regards,
> Milan.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andre [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:52 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]
>
> Milan,
>
> Would you be able to comment on the differences between NIFI-4360 and
> NIFI-1922 ?
>
> Cheers
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Milan Chandna <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can admins please make me a contributor so that I can assign
> > Jira[NIFI-4360]<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=h
> > tt
> > ps%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fbrowse%2FNIFI-4360&data=02%7C0
> > 1%
> > 7CMilan.Chandna%40microsoft.com%7C3111d807fbd242266c0008d4fb307f28%7
> > C7
> > 2f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636409633098059764&sdata=3
> > mo 1IncHZfHyQ4YjFX70ZbvJsVczIFSHRG3NUUtEuo0%3D&reserved=0> (that I
> > raised) to myself.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Milan.
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Milan Chandna
Sorry if you received this mail twice.

Currently I'm working on the feature but while running full build (mvn -Pcontrib-check clean install) at NIFI root, as suggested in Contribution Guide, the build is failing in other module in Test scope.
I am certain it’s not in my module as it’s coming in master branch as well. And I am hitting it consistently always.
Pasted the error stack in the end of mail.

I tried searching about it and figured out there is a similar issue reported and it’s still unresolved.
Also have read somewhere that it is OK to skip it.
But that post is little older (around May), so is this still an issue?
So should I just skip this?
What is the flag to skip only single test and not all?


Running org.wali.TestMinimalLockingWriteAheadLog
Tests run: 12, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 2, Time elapsed: 7.901 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.wali.TestMinimalLockingWriteAheadLog
testRecoverFileThatHasTrailingNULBytesAndTruncation(org.wali.TestMinimalLockingWriteAheadLog)  Time elapsed: 0.015 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException: null
        at sun.nio.ch.SharedFileLockTable.checkList(FileLockTable.java:255)
        at sun.nio.ch.SharedFileLockTable.add(FileLockTable.java:152)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.lock(FileChannelImpl.java:1063)
        at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.lock(FileChannel.java:1053)
        at org.wali.MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog.<init>(MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog.java:187)
        at org.wali.MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog.<init>(MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog.java:108)
        at org.wali.TestMinimalLockingWriteAheadLog.testRecoverFileThatHasTrailingNULBytesAndTruncation(TestMinimalLockingWriteAheadLog.java:472)


Results :


Tests in error:
  TestMinimalLockingWriteAheadLog.testRecoverFileThatHasTrailingNULBytesAndTruncation:472 ╗ OverlappingFileLock

-----Original Message-----
From: Milan Chandna [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:45 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: RE: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Hi Aldrin,

I'm able to assign the issue to myself.
Thanks for your help.
Appreciate the quick replies.

Regards,
Milan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aldrin Piri [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:16 PM
To: dev <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]

Hi Milan,

I have added your JIRA account as a contributor to the NIFI project. You should be able to assign issues to yourself.  Please let us know if there are any problems.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Milan Chandna < [hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> NIFI-4360 is about ADLS(Azure Data Lake Store) support whereas
> NIFI-1922 is about WASB(Azure Blob Storage also called as Windows
> Azure Storage Blob) support.
>
> They both are different kind of repositories, meant for different purposes.
> Also the user set for both technologies might be overlapping but not same.
> So we need to support ADLS as well.
> To know more about the difference, please refer to below mentioned
> Microsoft official link.
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.
> microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fazure%2Fdata-lake-store%2Fdata-&data=02%7C01%7
> CMilan.Chandna%40microsoft.com%7C410163d9c56e4fed023408d4fb98902e%7C72
> f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636410080054933260&sdata=Jh83
> tc6ip3LCEhS5iPwJfYh0uYAiFbN6oUq8EFLetIU%3D&reserved=0
> lake-store-comparison-with-blob-storage
>
> Regards,
> Milan.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andre [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:52 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Want to contribute Jira[NIFI-4360]
>
> Milan,
>
> Would you be able to comment on the differences between NIFI-4360 and
> NIFI-1922 ?
>
> Cheers
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Milan Chandna <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can admins please make me a contributor so that I can assign
> > Jira[NIFI-4360]<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=h
> > tt
> > ps%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fbrowse%2FNIFI-4360&data=02%7C0
> > 1%
> > 7CMilan.Chandna%40microsoft.com%7C3111d807fbd242266c0008d4fb307f28%7
> > C7
> > 2f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636409633098059764&sdata=3
> > mo 1IncHZfHyQ4YjFX70ZbvJsVczIFSHRG3NUUtEuo0%3D&reserved=0> (that I
> > raised) to myself.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Milan.
> >
>