What OS?

plj

What OS?

plj
Howdy,

  Since I still can't get Nifi installed on either Redhat or Ubuntu (see mvn fail "http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/mvn-fail-tc1716.html#a2023") what flavor of linux does it install on?  Any suggestions?  It seems to work on Windoze but without some of the features.

Patrick Jones

Re: What OS?

Joe Witt
Patrick,

You should be able to both install and build on many variants of linux
without issue.  I personally build and run on both Centos and OSX and
I often run on Windows as well (but don't build there).  The only
settings I change are those outlined in our quickstart [1] guide and
our admin guide [2].

We'll get those sets of guidance merged into quickstart.

Are there others out there using Ubuntu or Redhat distros that cannot build?

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:20 AM, plj <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
>   Since I still can't get Nifi installed on either Redhat or Ubuntu (see mvn
> fail
> "http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/mvn-fail-tc1716.html#a2023")
> what flavor of linux does it install on?  Any suggestions?  It seems to work
> on Windoze but without some of the features.
>
> Patrick Jones

Re: What OS?

Joe Witt
and now with the links:

[1] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/quickstart.html
[2] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> You should be able to both install and build on many variants of linux
> without issue.  I personally build and run on both Centos and OSX and
> I often run on Windows as well (but don't build there).  The only
> settings I change are those outlined in our quickstart [1] guide and
> our admin guide [2].
>
> We'll get those sets of guidance merged into quickstart.
>
> Are there others out there using Ubuntu or Redhat distros that cannot build?

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:20 AM, plj <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>>   Since I still can't get Nifi installed on either Redhat or Ubuntu (see mvn
>> fail
>> "http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/mvn-fail-tc1716.html#a2023")
>> what flavor of linux does it install on?  Any suggestions?  It seems to work
>> on Windoze but without some of the features.
>>
>> Patrick Jones

Re: What OS?

Joe Witt
..and in better new Aldrin has recreated what you're seeing with
building in linux on AWS.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> and now with the links:
>
> [1] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/quickstart.html
> [2] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Patrick,
>>
>> You should be able to both install and build on many variants of linux
>> without issue.  I personally build and run on both Centos and OSX and
>> I often run on Windows as well (but don't build there).  The only
>> settings I change are those outlined in our quickstart [1] guide and
>> our admin guide [2].
>>
>> We'll get those sets of guidance merged into quickstart.
>>
>> Are there others out there using Ubuntu or Redhat distros that cannot build?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:20 AM, plj <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>>   Since I still can't get Nifi installed on either Redhat or Ubuntu (see mvn
>>> fail
>>> "http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/mvn-fail-tc1716.html#a2023")
>>> what flavor of linux does it install on?  Any suggestions?  It seems to work
>>> on Windoze but without some of the features.
>>>
>>> Patrick Jones

Re: What OS?

Aldrin Piri
Patrick,

Have you tried a single thread build (i.e. without the -T Cn argument)?  I
have found some behavior on AWS that I think may be linked to the issue.

Running a single threaded build, the problem does not occur (this was in 5
builds), but the multithreaded consistently does.

Thanks!

Aldrin

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ..and in better new Aldrin has recreated what you're seeing with
> building in linux on AWS.
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > and now with the links:
> >
> > [1] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/quickstart.html
> > [2]
> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Patrick,
> >>
> >> You should be able to both install and build on many variants of linux
> >> without issue.  I personally build and run on both Centos and OSX and
> >> I often run on Windows as well (but don't build there).  The only
> >> settings I change are those outlined in our quickstart [1] guide and
> >> our admin guide [2].
> >>
> >> We'll get those sets of guidance merged into quickstart.
> >>
> >> Are there others out there using Ubuntu or Redhat distros that cannot
> build?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Joe

> (see mvn
> http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/mvn-fail-tc1716.html#a2023
> ")
> to work

> archive at Nabble.com.

Re: What OS?

Aldrin Piri
Patrick,

Thanks for sticking with this and reporting back in on issues.  There was a
test that was misbehaving which lead to exhaustion of ports.  This has been
remedied and I was able to get a full build on AWS multi-threaded.  This
will be making its way into our 0.2.0 release.

In the interim, if you want to try it out, the succinct patch is available
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-705.

--Aldrin

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Have you tried a single thread build (i.e. without the -T Cn argument)?  I
> have found some behavior on AWS that I think may be linked to the issue.
>
> Running a single threaded build, the problem does not occur (this was in 5
> builds), but the multithreaded consistently does.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Aldrin
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> ..and in better new Aldrin has recreated what you're seeing with
>> building in linux on AWS.
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > and now with the links:
>> >
>> > [1] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/quickstart.html
>> > [2]
>> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html

>> build?

>> (see mvn
>> http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/mvn-fail-tc1716.html#a2023
>> ")
>> to work

>> archive at Nabble.com.

plj

RE: What OS?

plj

Thank you very much for the patch.  I successfully installed it on Amazon running Redhat.  I am actually running NiFi on linux!!

Patrick Jones

Thanks for sticking with this and reporting back in on issues.  There was a
test that was misbehaving which lead to exhaustion of ports.  This has been
remedied and I was able to get a full build on AWS multi-threaded.  This
will be making its way into our 0.2.0 release.

In the interim, if you want to try it out, the succinct patch is available
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-705.

--Aldrin

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Have you tried a single thread build (i.e. without the -T Cn argument)?  I
> have found some behavior on AWS that I think may be linked to the issue.
>
> Running a single threaded build, the problem does not occur (this was in 5
> builds), but the multithreaded consistently does.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Aldrin
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> ..and in better new Aldrin has recreated what you're seeing with
>> building in linux on AWS.
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > and now with the links:
>> >
>> > [1] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/quickstart.html
>> > [2]
>> http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html

>> build?

>> (see mvn
>> http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/mvn-fail-tc1716.html#a2023
>> ")
>> to work

>> archive at Nabble.com.

http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/What-OS-tp2072p2084.html

To unsubscribe from What OS?, click here.
NAML

Re: What OS?

Joe Witt
Patrick thanks for hanging in there with us.  It should have been
easy...at least that is what we're shooting for.

Aldrin/Mark - thank you for tracking this down!

http://apache-nifi-incubating-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>