Which version to tag?

Sivaprasanna Sethuraman
All,

I have just now merged PR 3285 to master. The associated Jira is NIFI-5987
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5987>. Now, since Apache NiFi
1.9.0 rc-2 is in voting, I'm confused whether to tag this particular issue
with 1.9.0 version or not. I don't see the version tag for the next one
(1.10).

-
Sivaprasanna

Re: Which version to tag?

Mike Thomsen
Probably best to just hold off until the RC2 voting is done because you
might have to update it twice if it gets tagged 1.10 and 1.9RC2 fails.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:08 AM Sivaprasanna <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> All,
>
> I have just now merged PR 3285 to master. The associated Jira is NIFI-5987
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5987>. Now, since Apache NiFi
> 1.9.0 rc-2 is in voting, I'm confused whether to tag this particular issue
> with 1.9.0 version or not. I don't see the version tag for the next one
> (1.10).
>
> -
> Sivaprasanna

Re: Which version to tag?

Joe Witt
You are free to merge to master on approved/reviewed items as per normal.
Current master is on 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT so your edit would need to be as well.
Once the RC completes (which is the case in 14 minutes at current voting)
I'll update the versions on master to 1.10.0-SNAPSHOT and do the signed tag
dance/etc..

Thanks

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:35 AM Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Probably best to just hold off until the RC2 voting is done because you
> might have to update it twice if it gets tagged 1.10 and 1.9RC2 fails.
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:08 AM Sivaprasanna <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I have just now merged PR 3285 to master. The associated Jira is
> NIFI-5987
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5987>. Now, since Apache
> NiFi
> > 1.9.0 rc-2 is in voting, I'm confused whether to tag this particular
> issue
> > with 1.9.0 version or not. I don't see the version tag for the next one
> > (1.10).
> >
> > -
> > Sivaprasanna

Re: Which version to tag?

Joe Witt
ok now master is at 1.10.0-SNAPSHOT.

Thanks

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 10:37 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You are free to merge to master on approved/reviewed items as per normal.
> Current master is on 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT so your edit would need to be as well.
> Once the RC completes (which is the case in 14 minutes at current voting)
> I'll update the versions on master to 1.10.0-SNAPSHOT and do the signed tag
> dance/etc..
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:35 AM Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Probably best to just hold off until the RC2 voting is done because you
>> might have to update it twice if it gets tagged 1.10 and 1.9RC2 fails.
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:08 AM Sivaprasanna <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > All,
>> >
>> > I have just now merged PR 3285 to master. The associated Jira is
>> NIFI-5987
>> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5987>. Now, since Apache
>> NiFi
>> > 1.9.0 rc-2 is in voting, I'm confused whether to tag this particular
>> issue
>> > with 1.9.0 version or not. I don't see the version tag for the next one
>> > (1.10).
>> >
>> > -
>> > Sivaprasanna

Re: Which version to tag?

Sivaprasanna Sethuraman
I still don’t see a version tag for 1.10 in Jira board.

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 10:04 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ok now master is at 1.10.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 10:37 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > You are free to merge to master on approved/reviewed items as per normal.
> > Current master is on 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT so your edit would need to be as
> well.
> > Once the RC completes (which is the case in 14 minutes at current voting)
> > I'll update the versions on master to 1.10.0-SNAPSHOT and do the signed
> tag
> > dance/etc..
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:35 AM Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Probably best to just hold off until the RC2 voting is done because you
> >> might have to update it twice if it gets tagged 1.10 and 1.9RC2 fails.

> >> NIFI-5987
> >> NiFi
> >> issue
> one