XML to JSON converter

Igor K.
Hi guys,

In the current 0.3.0 NiFi release there is no XML to JSON converter
processor.
I needed one for a project I am working on and wrote one. Very simple one
with just a couple lines of code using Java library form json.org
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.json/json/20151123

Do you guys have a plan for this type of convertor/processor? I will be
glad to help and submit converter I wrote to to the NiFi project.

Let me know what do you think.

   Igor

Re: XML to JSON converter

Joe Percivall
Hello Igor,

That's awesome you want to contribute!

The source code for the package you used [1] is kinda unique in it's license. It doesn't have a "LICENSE" file in it and the only mention of one says:

    The license includes this restriction: "The software shall be used for good,
    not evil." If your conscience cannot live with that, then choose a different
    package."

As far as I know, packages need to have a one of the licenses listed on the Apache site[2]. Someone more experienced with Apache would need to chime in.

That being said, to learn how to become a contributor we've outlined it in a contribution guide[3].

[1] https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSON-java
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide

Thank Igor,