[discuss] release apache nifi 1.9.0

12

[discuss] release apache nifi 1.9.0

joewitt
Administrator
Team,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5995?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.9.0%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

We have a pretty large list of bugs/features added already to justify a
1.9.0 release as well.

I'm happy to give RM a go again unless there are volunteers strongly
interested.

RE: [EXT] [discuss] release apache nifi 1.9.0

Peter Wicks (pwicks)
I'd like to see a review of this bug before we release 1.9.0, as it helps mature the Node Offload feature.

NIFI-5940 Cluster Node Offload Hangs if any RPG on flow is Disabled
https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3255

Thanks,
  Peter

Re: [EXT] [discuss] release apache nifi 1.9.0

Mike Thomsen
We have some bug fixes derived from nifi-user for GetMongo as well that are
being reviewed.

Also, should mention that I have been finishing up refactoring mans2singh's
Neo4J contribution PR on a separate branch as a "Cypher" bundle. We don't
need to hold a release for that, but I should have it ready for a PR in a
few days if we want to check off "basic graph database support."

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 10:30 AM Peter Wicks (pwicks) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'd like to see a review of this bug before we release 1.9.0, as it helps
> mature the Node Offload feature.
>
> NIFI-5940 Cluster Node Offload Hangs if any RPG on flow is Disabled
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3255
>
> Thanks,
>   Peter

agreed.  looks important enough to warrant pulling in and I just tagged as
1.9.0 fix version to at least force discussion.

wrote:

> I'd like to see a review of this bug before we release 1.9.0, as it helps
> mature the Node Offload feature.
>
> NIFI-5940 Cluster Node Offload Hangs if any RPG on flow is Disabled
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3255
>
> Thanks,
>   Peter

Joe Witt
thanks for bumping that peter.  Mark P just got it merged.

otherwise I see a few straggling items that look like they need to be
merged and i'll start the process!  Somehow this release has sneakily
become packed with good fixes and improvements.

Thanks

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 10:34 AM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> agreed.  looks important enough to warrant pulling in and I just tagged as
> 1.9.0 fix version to at least force discussion.
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 10:30 AM Peter Wicks (pwicks) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to see a review of this bug before we release 1.9.0, as it helps
>> mature the Node Offload feature.
>>
>> NIFI-5940 Cluster Node Offload Hangs if any RPG on flow is Disabled
>> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3255
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Peter

Ed B
if not too late, would be nice to have JNDI bug fix included in new release:

"JMS Connection Fails After JMS servers Change behind JNDI"
PR is available:
https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3261

Thank you,
Ed.

Edward Berezitsky

Re: [EXT] [discuss] release apache nifi 1.9.0

Andy LoPresto
The PR for adding HTTP headers is complete, I just need to merge it. Will do today.

PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> On Feb 7, 2019, at 08:23, Ed B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> if not too late, would be nice to have JNDI bug fix included in new release:
>
> "JMS Connection Fails After JMS servers Change behind JNDI"
> PR is available:
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3261
>
> Thank you,
> Ed.
>

>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 1:13 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> thanks for bumping that peter.  Mark P just got it merged.
>>
>> otherwise I see a few straggling items that look like they need to be
>> merged and i'll start the process!  Somehow this release has sneakily
>> become packed with good fixes and improvements.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 10:34 AM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> agreed.  looks important enough to warrant pulling in and I just tagged
>> as
>>> 1.9.0 fix version to at least force discussion.

>> helps

Thanks Andy sounds good.

EdB: Sure we just need to find a reviewer.  There are tons of good prs out
there its just about getting good review cycles/progress.

I'd like to shoot for early next week RC beginning if we can pull it off.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 5:07 PM Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The PR for adding HTTP headers is complete, I just need to merge it. Will
> do today.
>
> Andy LoPresto
> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>
> > On Feb 7, 2019, at 08:23, Ed B <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > if not too late, would be nice to have JNDI bug fix included in new
> release:
> >
> > "JMS Connection Fails After JMS servers Change behind JNDI"
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5869
> > PR is available:
> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3261
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Ed.
> >

> >> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 1:13 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> thanks for bumping that peter.  Mark P just got it merged.
> >>
> >> otherwise I see a few straggling items that look like they need to be
> >> merged and i'll start the process!  Somehow this release has sneakily
> >> become packed with good fixes and improvements.
> >>
> >> Thanks

> >> as

> [hidden email]>

> >> helps

Haha, just using this opportunity to pull attention and get reviewer :D

But totally agreed, it's time for 1.9 to be finalized.

Thanks,
Ed.

Edward Berezitsky

Re: [EXT] [discuss] release apache nifi 1.9.0

Andy LoPresto-2
I also want to merge https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283 <https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283> so we can get the Developer Guide more visibility in the docs. Will do today.

PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> On Feb 7, 2019, at 10:12 AM, Ed B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Haha, just using this opportunity to pull attention and get reviewer :D
>
> But totally agreed, it's time for 1.9 to be finalized.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed.
>

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 5:08 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Andy sounds good.
>>
>> EdB: Sure we just need to find a reviewer.  There are tons of good prs out
>> there its just about getting good review cycles/progress.
>>
>> I'd like to shoot for early next week RC beginning if we can pull it off.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 5:07 PM Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The PR for adding HTTP headers is complete, I just need to merge it. Will
>>> do today.
>>>
>>> Andy LoPresto
>>> [hidden email]
>>> [hidden email]
>>> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

>>> release:

>> tagged

>>> [hidden email]>

i have that one ready to go andy.  ill take care of the dev docs one.

thanks

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 7:24 PM Andy LoPresto <[hidden email] wrote:

> I also want to merge https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283 <
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283> so we can get the Developer
> Guide more visibility in the docs. Will do today.
>
> Andy LoPresto
> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>
> > On Feb 7, 2019, at 10:12 AM, Ed B <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Haha, just using this opportunity to pull attention and get reviewer :D
> >
> > But totally agreed, it's time for 1.9 to be finalized.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ed.
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 5:08 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Andy sounds good.
> >>
> >> EdB: Sure we just need to find a reviewer.  There are tons of good prs
> out
> >> there its just about getting good review cycles/progress.
> >>
> >> I'd like to shoot for early next week RC beginning if we can pull it
> off.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Joe
> >>
> >> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 5:07 PM Andy LoPresto <
> [hidden email]>

> Will

> >> tagged

Mark Bean
I have an open PR I'd like included in 1.9. It's a very simple one.

https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3053

Thanks,
Mark

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 7:43 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i have that one ready to go andy.  ill take care of the dev docs one.
>
> thanks
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 7:24 PM Andy LoPresto <[hidden email] wrote:
>
> > I also want to merge https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283 <
> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283> so we can get the Developer
> > Guide more visibility in the docs. Will do today.
> >
> > Andy LoPresto
> > [hidden email]
> > [hidden email]
> > PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
> >
> > > On Feb 7, 2019, at 10:12 AM, Ed B <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Haha, just using this opportunity to pull attention and get reviewer :D
> > >
> > > But totally agreed, it's time for 1.9 to be finalized.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ed.

> > out

> > off.

> > [hidden email]>

> > Will

> be
> sneakily

> it

> Disabled

MarkB - i dont have any issue with that being include but we need to find
someone familiar enough with that to review it.  If that happens in the
next couple days then great.  Any takers familiar with JMS and that class?
The changes are few but the implications are unclear to me.

Thanks

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:55 PM Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have an open PR I'd like included in 1.9. It's a very simple one.
>
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3053
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 7:43 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > i have that one ready to go andy.  ill take care of the dev docs one.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 7:24 PM Andy LoPresto <[hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > > I also want to merge https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283 <
> > > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283> so we can get the Developer
> > > Guide more visibility in the docs. Will do today.
> > >
> > > Andy LoPresto
> > > [hidden email]
> > > [hidden email]
> > > PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> :D

> prs
> > > out

> > > off.

> > > [hidden email]>

> it.
> > > Will

> new

> > be
> > sneakily

> as
> > it

> > Disabled

Charlie Meyer
Hoping I am not too late to the party, but it would be fantastic if
https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3253 could have the comments on it
addressed and included the 1.9 release

-Charlie

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:08 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> MarkB - i dont have any issue with that being include but we need to find
> someone familiar enough with that to review it.  If that happens in the
> next couple days then great.  Any takers familiar with JMS and that class?
> The changes are few but the implications are unclear to me.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:55 PM Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I have an open PR I'd like included in 1.9. It's a very simple one.
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3053
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 7:43 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > i have that one ready to go andy.  ill take care of the dev docs one.
> > >
> > > thanks

> Developer

> reviewer
> > :D

> > prs

> it

> > it.

> EF69

> > new

> > > be
> > > sneakily

> just

> > as
> > > it

> > > Disabled

Charlie, I see comments from Matt Burgess (especially considering exceptions & stack traces) from 9 days ago that don’t appear to be addressed. Were you waiting for additional information? Am I missing something? Thanks.

PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> On Feb 7, 2019, at 3:24 PM, Charlie Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hoping I am not too late to the party, but it would be fantastic if
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3253 could have the comments on it
> addressed and included the 1.9 release
>
> -Charlie
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:08 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> MarkB - i dont have any issue with that being include but we need to find
>> someone familiar enough with that to review it.  If that happens in the
>> next couple days then great.  Any takers familiar with JMS and that class?
>> The changes are few but the implications are unclear to me.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:55 PM Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I have an open PR I'd like included in 1.9. It's a very simple one.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3053
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mark

>> Developer

>> reviewer
>>> :D

>>> prs

>> it

>>> it.

>> EF69

>>> new

>> just

>>> as

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. You are not the PR author; you want those same comments to be addressed.

PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> On Feb 7, 2019, at 5:16 PM, Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Charlie, I see comments from Matt Burgess (especially considering exceptions & stack traces) from 9 days ago that don’t appear to be addressed. Were you waiting for additional information? Am I missing something? Thanks.
>

> Andy LoPresto
> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>
>> On Feb 7, 2019, at 3:24 PM, Charlie Meyer <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hoping I am not too late to the party, but it would be fantastic if
>> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3253 <https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3253> could have the comments on it
>> addressed and included the 1.9 release
>>
>> -Charlie
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:08 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>> MarkB - i dont have any issue with that being include but we need to find
>>> someone familiar enough with that to review it.  If that happens in the
>>> next couple days then great.  Any takers familiar with JMS and that class?
>>> The changes are few but the implications are unclear to me.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> Developer

>>> reviewer

>>> it

>>> EF69

>>> just

Jeff
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5575 (
https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3252) would be a good addition in
1.9.0, in my opinion.  It attempts to address PutHDFS ignoring the file
mask default value from hdfs-site.xml when no default mask is specified in
the PutHDFS configuration.

I can do the review on it, if we want to include it.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 1:17 AM Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. You are not the PR author; you want those same
> comments to be addressed.
>
> Andy LoPresto
> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>
> > On Feb 7, 2019, at 5:16 PM, Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Charlie, I see comments from Matt Burgess (especially considering
> exceptions & stack traces) from 9 days ago that don’t appear to be
> addressed. Were you waiting for additional information? Am I missing
> something? Thanks.
> >

> > Andy LoPresto
> > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > [hidden email]
> > PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
> >
> >> On Feb 7, 2019, at 3:24 PM, Charlie Meyer <
> [hidden email] <mailto:
> [hidden email]>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hoping I am not too late to the party, but it would be fantastic if
> >> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3253 <
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3253> could have the comments on it
> >> addressed and included the 1.9 release
> >>
> >> -Charlie

> find
> class?

> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3053>

> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283> <
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283>> so we can get the

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5869>

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>

> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3255>

Jeff - i added NIFI-5575 to 1.9.0 fix version. Are you going to
review/merge that then?

There are 5 remaining JIRAs tagged to 1.9.0 that aren't obviously puntable
and nearing completion of review/merge.  Will monitor/poke those with
intent to kick off RC once they're all done.

Thanks

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 3:38 PM Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5575 (
> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3252) would be a good addition in
> 1.9.0, in my opinion.  It attempts to address PutHDFS ignoring the file
> mask default value from hdfs-site.xml when no default mask is specified in
> the PutHDFS configuration.
>
> I can do the review on it, if we want to include it.
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 1:17 AM Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. You are not the PR author; you want those
> same
> > comments to be addressed.
> >
> > Andy LoPresto
> > [hidden email]
> > [hidden email]
> > PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
> >
> > > On Feb 7, 2019, at 5:16 PM, Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Charlie, I see comments from Matt Burgess (especially considering
> > exceptions & stack traces) from 9 days ago that don’t appear to be
> > addressed. Were you waiting for additional information? Am I missing
> > something? Thanks.
> > >

> > > Andy LoPresto
> > > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > > [hidden email]
> > > PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> > [hidden email] <mailto:

> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3253> could have the comments on it

> > find
> the
> > class?

> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3053>

> one.

> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283> <
> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283>> so we can get the

> EF69

> > <mailto:[hidden email]>>

> good

> pull

> merge

> in

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5869>

> need

> [hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>>

> 1.9.0,

> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3255>

Joe,

Yes, I'll review it today.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019, 8:44 AM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jeff - i added NIFI-5575 to 1.9.0 fix version. Are you going to
> review/merge that then?
>
> There are 5 remaining JIRAs tagged to 1.9.0 that aren't obviously puntable
> and nearing completion of review/merge.  Will monitor/poke those with
> intent to kick off RC once they're all done.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 3:38 PM Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5575 (
> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3252) would be a good addition in
> > 1.9.0, in my opinion.  It attempts to address PutHDFS ignoring the file
> > mask default value from hdfs-site.xml when no default mask is specified
> in
> > the PutHDFS configuration.
> >
> > I can do the review on it, if we want to include it.
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 1:17 AM Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. You are not the PR author; you want those
> > same
> > > comments to be addressed.
> > >
> > > Andy LoPresto
> > > [hidden email]
> > > [hidden email]
> > > PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> > > exceptions & stack traces) from 9 days ago that don’t appear to be
> > > addressed. Were you waiting for additional information? Am I missing
> > > something? Thanks.

> > > [hidden email] <mailto:

> > > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3253> could have the comments on
> it

> <mailto:

> > > find
> > the
> > > class?

> one.

> > > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3053>

> > one.

> > > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283> <
> > > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3283>> so we can get the

> > EF69

> > > <mailto:[hidden email]>>

> > good

> > pull

> > merge

> 2F7D

> > in

> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5869>

> [hidden email]>

> > need
> has

> > [hidden email]
> > > <mailto:[hidden email]>>

> > 1.9.0,

> is
> > > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3255>

Alright !  1.9.0 looks ready for an RC build.  Will start working on this
tonight ideally.

Thanks

12