export control documentation/recording

Joe Witt
Mentors

Per guidance found here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

If appropriate can one of you please take the following JIRA ticket (it
requires specific karma that appears reserved for TLP Chairs):

Within the ticket I have provided what I believe is the correct XML block
necessary to add to the '
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/licenses/exports/index.page/eccnmatrix.xml'
file.

I've already added and updated a README which will show up in our
distribution to include the required crypto/export notification.

The final remaining step then I believe is this:

http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html#notify

Is that something one of us can do or does that also require karma we're
not likely to have at this stage?

If I have any of this wrong please advise.

Re: export control documentation/recording

Drew Farris
Joe,

The XML block looks good. I've updated eccnmatrix.xml, the results can be
seen at http://www.staging.apache.org/licenses/exports/

From my read of the doc, it looks like the PMC chair needs to send the
notification -- while that could be the NiFi PMC or the Incubator PMC, I
suspect that it likely to be the Incubator PMC chair in this case. I'll do
some digging to confirm.

Drew

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mentors
>
> Per guidance found here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html
>
> If appropriate can one of you please take the following JIRA ticket (it
> requires specific karma that appears reserved for TLP Chairs):

> Within the ticket I have provided what I believe is the correct XML block
> necessary to add to the '
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/licenses/exports/index.page/eccnmatrix.xml
> '
> file.
>
> I've already added and updated a README which will show up in our
> distribution to include the required crypto/export notification.
>
> The final remaining step then I believe is this:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html#notify
>
> Is that something one of us can do or does that also require karma we're
> not likely to have at this stage?
>
> If I have any of this wrong please advise.

Re: export control documentation/recording

Drew Farris
Joe,

From what I can tell from looking at a couple other incubator projects, it
appears that the project PMC members are more than welcome to send in the
TSU notification.

For your convenience, I'll send you the output rendered by the
bisnotice.xsl off-list.

Drew

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Drew Farris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Joe,
>
> The XML block looks good. I've updated eccnmatrix.xml, the results can be
> seen at http://www.staging.apache.org/licenses/exports/
>
> From my read of the doc, it looks like the PMC chair needs to send the
> notification -- while that could be the NiFi PMC or the Incubator PMC, I
> suspect that it likely to be the Incubator PMC chair in this case. I'll do
> some digging to confirm.
>
> Drew
>
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Mentors
>>
>> Per guidance found here:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html
>>
>> If appropriate can one of you please take the following JIRA ticket (it
>> requires specific karma that appears reserved for TLP Chairs):
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-191
>>
>> Within the ticket I have provided what I believe is the correct XML block
>> necessary to add to the '
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/licenses/exports/index.page/eccnmatrix.xml
>> '
>> file.
>>
>> I've already added and updated a README which will show up in our
>> distribution to include the required crypto/export notification.
>>
>> The final remaining step then I believe is this:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html#notify
>>
>> Is that something one of us can do or does that also require karma we're
>> not likely to have at this stage?
>>
>> If I have any of this wrong please advise.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe

Re: export control documentation/recording

Thanks drew!