how to cleanup all user data manually?

luby
Hi, All,

I'm using NiFi 1.3.0 after creating several workflows (e.g. import a large
tabel form Oracle DB to Hive)
the NiFi becomes very unstable. E.g. a blank window popup after clicking
the 'Templates' menu item.

So I want to clean up all my data used by NiFi manually since the UI is
very unstable.

I want to remove all following data:
1. flow.xml.gz
2. /opt/nifi/data
3. /opt/nifi/current/database_repository

Are these enought? Do I need to delete some data in Hive, MySQl or HDFS?

Thanks

Boying

本邮件内容包含保密信息。如阁下并非拟发送的收件人,请您不要阅读、保存、对外
披露或复制本邮件的任何内容,或者打开本邮件的任何附件。请即回复邮件告知发件
人,并立刻将该邮件及其附件从您的电脑系统中全部删除,不胜感激。

This email message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, save, forward,
disclose or copy the contents of this email or open any file attached to
this email. We will be grateful if you could advise the sender immediately
by replying this email, and delete this email and any attachment or links
to this email completely and immediately from your computer system.

Re: how to cleanup all user data manually?

Mark Payne
Boying,

If you are seeing the UI become unresponsive, it's generally due to one of two things:

1. The system is over-utilized. How many CPU's are available on the system? How many
active threads do you have at any one time? Is your disk fully utilized (you can generally determine
this if running Linux by running something like `iostat -xmh 5` and see if the disk utilization is
close to 100%).

2. The system is constantly performing garbage collection. What size is the NiFi heap? This can
can be determined by running `jstat -gcutil <nifi pid> 5000` and looking at how many Full Garbage
Collections are taking place. If it's less than 5 or so then you're probably not struggling with Garbage
Collection. If the number keeps increasing though, then this is the likely culprit.

Are you running standalone or in clustered mode? If in clustered mode, any one node could cause
sluggish response times because the node that you're making the request to would have to replicate
that request to all nodes and then aggregate the response.