libminifi

Eric Berryman
Hello,

I noticed the libminifi directory in the minifi-cpp repo. I was wondering
if this means I could use minifi as a library, to send data to nifi?
(Instead of running an agent) This would work very well for me with my use
case. I have many (order of hundreds) small processes written in c/c++,
that is our distributed control system. Our code has a module system, which
I'm hoping could be use to extend to include exporting information to nifi
with libminifi used as a library.

Thank you!
Eric

Re: libminifi

Marc Parisi
Eric,

You could use LibMiNiFi as a library if that suits your purposes, but the
API is built in a way that lends itself to support an agent with its
various components ( repositories, threadpools, command and control, etc )

If you have small processes that are purpose built please take a look at
NaNoFi, which is a C API whose sole focus is embedding key control and data
delivery mechanisms into your software. There are some examples here [1].
If your goal is to transmit files or data to Apache NiFi, examples cover
that [2] that are a bit simpler than using LibMiNiFi. If you were to use
LibMiNiFi you may find yourself disabling components, but with NaNoFi you
build what you need. Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Marc

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi-cpp/tree/master/nanofi/examples
[2]