nar deployment

Bleeker, Arthur H
Hi,

About six months ago I created custom processors for NiFi. Recently I needed to dust off the code and make some changes. I pushed the updated nar to my local development nifi instance and... nothing. The changes didn't get picked up. So I deleted the nar, restarted nifi, copied the new nar in, and then restarted nifi again. The processors disappeared.

I have been unable to get any nar to deploy since then. I have even tried a 100% clean nifi instance version 1.1.1 with a maven archetype nar processor project. Nothing. I can see the nar in the lib directory. I can see that it is intact. But it does not deploy. There's nothing in the logs indicating an exception or warning of any kind. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out.

Thanks,
____________________________________
Arthur Bleeker
Software Architect and Developer
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

Re: nar deployment

Andy LoPresto-2
Arthur,

Sorry to hear this isn’t working for you. You are following the best practices for custom NAR deployment; it should be as easy as copying the nar file into the lib/ directory and restarting NiFi.

Can you post the code (I understand if you can’t share the Java code, but at least the pom.xml and META-INF/services/org.apache.nifi.processor.Processor file (which should contain the fully-qualified class name of each processor))?

When NiFi starts, the logs/nifi-app.log file will contain a list of each NAR that was loaded. Can you confirm that your NAR is not listed there?

On Feb 21, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Bleeker, Arthur H <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Joe Witt
I'd be interested to see the full nifi-app.log of startup.

There should be at least something in there about this processor.