on-boarding new committers (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer and PPMC member - Jenn Barnabee)

on-boarding new committers (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer and PPMC member - Jenn Barnabee)

Sean Busbey
One practice I really like in the HBase community is to on-board new
committers by having them add themselves to the team list. In HBase that
team list is generated out of the "developers" section of the top-level
pom, which means the step also serves as a test of the committer's git set
up.

Even without that access check, it's a nice way to both make sure the list
is kept up to date and to allow the person to flex their new abilities.

-Sean

--
Sean