processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics

processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics

Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]
Hello All,

I was going through SystemDiagnostics json for populating custom metrics for our NiFi instances and came across the fields  availableProcessors and processorLoadAverage in the Json. From the documentation I understood that it is the underlying hardware's processor (number of cores) count. But for the processorLoadAverage, I'm not yet clear on how this metric is calculated by NiFi and what factors it considers in doing so. Can anyone please explain me how this is measured and is it the average for just one core (one processor) or is it aggregation on all available cores?

-Karthik

Re: processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics

Mark Payne
Hi Karthik,

This is the 1-minute CPU load average, as reported by the operating system.

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 11:18 AM, Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I was going through SystemDiagnostics json for populating custom metrics for our NiFi instances and came across the fields  availableProcessors and processorLoadAverage in the Json. From the documentation I understood that it is the underlying hardware's processor (number of cores) count. But for the processorLoadAverage, I'm not yet clear on how this metric is calculated by NiFi and what factors it considers in doing so. Can anyone please explain me how this is measured and is it the average for just one core (one processor) or is it aggregation on all available cores?
>

> -Karthik

RE: [EXT] Re: processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics

Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]
Mark,

Thanks for quick response, Is there a way that NiFi provides these metrics individually for a processor that the average load ? Or can we use any REST endpoint to grab the processor-wise metrics?

-Karthik

This is the 1-minute CPU load average, as reported by the operating system.

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 11:18 AM, Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I was going through SystemDiagnostics json for populating custom metrics for our NiFi instances and came across the fields  availableProcessors and processorLoadAverage in the Json. From the documentation I understood that it is the underlying hardware's processor (number of cores) count. But for the processorLoadAverage, I'm not yet clear on how this metric is calculated by NiFi and what factors it considers in doing so. Can anyone please explain me how this is measured and is it the average for just one core (one processor) or is it aggregation on all available cores?
>

> -Karthik

Re: [EXT] Re: processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics

Mark Payne
Karthik,

No, the JVM does not supply this information. You'd need to use some other host-level monitoring service, such as Ganglia, to gather that kind of info.