"NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

Jennifer Barnabee
Perhaps a silly question, but in the documentation, should we always be
referencing "Apache NiFi" - or is "NiFi" acceptable. I'm going through the
User Guide, and I can fix this throughout if needed.  Thanks.
-Jenn
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

trkurc
Administrator
Not a silly question, I've wondered the same thing.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Jennifer Barnabee <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Perhaps a silly question, but in the documentation, should we always be
> referencing "Apache NiFi" - or is "NiFi" acceptable. I'm going through the
> User Guide, and I can fix this throughout if needed.  Thanks.
> -Jenn
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

Joey Echeverria
In reply to this post by Jennifer Barnabee
The first non-titular reference needs to be "Apache NiFi" and it needs
to include the caveat that it's under incubation. That can be done by
saying Apache NiFi (Incubating) or Apache NiFi, which is currently
undergoing incubation at the Apache Software Foundation. Subsequent
references can be just NiFi.

-Joey

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Jennifer Barnabee
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Perhaps a silly question, but in the documentation, should we always be
> referencing "Apache NiFi" - or is "NiFi" acceptable. I'm going through the
> User Guide, and I can fix this throughout if needed.  Thanks.
> -Jenn



--
Joey Echeverria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

Benson Margulies
In reply to this post by Jennifer Barnabee
The trademark rule is 'first reference'.

http://www.inta.org/Media/Documents/2012_TMUseMediaInternetPublishing.pdf?


On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Jennifer Barnabee
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Perhaps a silly question, but in the documentation, should we always be
> referencing "Apache NiFi" - or is "NiFi" acceptable. I'm going through the
> User Guide, and I can fix this throughout if needed.  Thanks.
> -Jenn
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

Benson Margulies
Or http://www.infomanagementcenter.com/enewsletter/2010/201003/feature.htm.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The trademark rule is 'first reference'.
>
> http://www.inta.org/Media/Documents/2012_TMUseMediaInternetPublishing.pdf?
>
>
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Jennifer Barnabee
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Perhaps a silly question, but in the documentation, should we always be
>> referencing "Apache NiFi" - or is "NiFi" acceptable. I'm going through the
>> User Guide, and I can fix this throughout if needed.  Thanks.
>> -Jenn
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

Joe Witt
In reply to this post by Jennifer Barnabee
I believe simply nifi is acceptable within the body.   You can see how
other apache projects do this for an idea as well.  I was planning on
attacking prov stuff in the user guide tonight.   Is that ok?
On Jan 6, 2015 6:05 PM, "Jennifer Barnabee" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Perhaps a silly question, but in the documentation, should we always be
> referencing "Apache NiFi" - or is "NiFi" acceptable. I'm going through the
> User Guide, and I can fix this throughout if needed.  Thanks.
> -Jenn
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

Jennifer Barnabee
Thanks, all.
Joe - I've already taken a stab at the prov stuff. I can submit it as a
patch tonight and you can see what you think. Sound good?
-Jenn

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:09 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I believe simply nifi is acceptable within the body.   You can see how
> other apache projects do this for an idea as well.  I was planning on
> attacking prov stuff in the user guide tonight.   Is that ok?
> On Jan 6, 2015 6:05 PM, "Jennifer Barnabee" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps a silly question, but in the documentation, should we always be
> > referencing "Apache NiFi" - or is "NiFi" acceptable. I'm going through
> the
> > User Guide, and I can fix this throughout if needed.  Thanks.
> > -Jenn
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "NiFi" v "Apache NiFi"

Joe Witt
Yep cool.  Thanks
On Jan 6, 2015 6:13 PM, "Jennifer Barnabee" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks, all.
> Joe - I've already taken a stab at the prov stuff. I can submit it as a
> patch tonight and you can see what you think. Sound good?
> -Jenn
>
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:09 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I believe simply nifi is acceptable within the body.   You can see how
> > other apache projects do this for an idea as well.  I was planning on
> > attacking prov stuff in the user guide tonight.   Is that ok?
> > On Jan 6, 2015 6:05 PM, "Jennifer Barnabee" <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps a silly question, but in the documentation, should we always be
> > > referencing "Apache NiFi" - or is "NiFi" acceptable. I'm going through
> > the
> > > User Guide, and I can fix this throughout if needed.  Thanks.
> > > -Jenn
> > >
> >
>