source release package config

Benson Margulies
In the main project now, there's a profile 'apache-release' which
makes some tweaks to the source release. One is to ask for zip and
tar. The other is to rename the file. Why rename the file?

As a related idle question, why seal jars?

Re: source release package config

Joe Witt
I was following what I saw in accumulo.   Please assume no intelligent
thought occurred and feel free to get us on the right path.

On Jan 16, 2015 8:32 AM, "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the main project now, there's a profile 'apache-release' which
> makes some tweaks to the source release. One is to ask for zip and
> tar. The other is to rename the file. Why rename the file?
>
> As a related idle question, why seal jars?

Re: source release package config

Benson Margulies
For now I'm not copying any of that into the maven plugin.