upload the release to dist...

Joe Witt
Hello Mentors

assuming the vote passes 46 minutes from now...

Based on feedback from Benson and Billie today it appears that the proper
approach is for an IPMC member to do the actual uploading of the release
and binary convenience package.

I'd be more than happy to do this but if it is preferred/proper that a PMC
member do this can someone please do so.  If it is fine that I do this to
complete the RM activity for this release then please advise.

The following items need to be built and placed into the dist folder which
has an SVN path here:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/nifi

The src release (nifi-0.0.1-incubating):

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1022/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.1-incubating/nifi-0.0.1-incubating-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1022/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.1-incubating/nifi-0.0.1-incubating-source-release.zip.asc

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1022/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.1-incubating/nifi-0.0.1-incubating-source-release.zip.md5

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1022/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.1-incubating/nifi-0.0.1-incubating-source-release.zip.sha1

The src release (nifi-nar-maven-plugin 1.0.0-incubating):

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1021/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.0.0-incubating/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1021/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.0.0-incubating/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip.asc

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1021/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.0.0-incubating/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip.md5

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1021/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.0.0-incubating/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip.md5

The binary convenience package:

The only one that would be of use is nifi-0.0.1-incubating . To produce go
to the root of the source tree in Git:

[first build nifi-nar-maven-plugin]
git checkout nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-RC3
cd nifi-nar-maven-plugin
mvn clean install

[then build nifi]
git checkout nifi-0.0.1-incubating-RC3
cd ../nifi
mvn -T 2.5C clean install -P \!docs

The binary convenience package is then in nifi-assembly/target/ and is both
the
nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz
nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip

We will need ascii armored signatures for each of those.  That can be built
by running:

gpg -a -b nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz

We will also need md5 and sha1 hashes for those i believe.  Which can be
run by:

md5sum nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz | cut -b-32 >
nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz.md5
md5sum nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip | cut -b-32 >
nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip.md5

sha1sum nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz | cut -b-40 >
nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz.sha1
sha1sum nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip | cut -b-40 >
nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip.sha1

[note we disable the docs profile because enunciate appears to generate a
JS file which contains dubious licensing information - this will be
resolved for the next release
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-292]

Once that is all done then I believe we can "Release" the maven staging
repos.  Merge the tags (nifi-nar-maven-plugin first then nifi) into
master.  Close the release in Jira.  Dance in the streets.  And so on.

Re: upload the release to dist...

Sergio Fernández
On 30/01/15 03:47, Joe Witt wrote:
> I'd be more than happy to do this but if it is preferred/proper that a PMC
> member do this can someone please do so.  If it is fine that I do this to
> complete the RM activity for this release then please advise.

Normally the RM is the one who manages the complete workflow of a
release, from preparation to announcement. That makes much easier many
things.

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co

Re: upload the release to dist...

Joe Witt
Agreed.  Unless I hear otherwise will do this tonight

Thanks
 On Jan 30, 2015 8:37 AM, "Sergio Fernández" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 30/01/15 03:47, Joe Witt wrote:
>
>> I'd be more than happy to do this but if it is preferred/proper that a PMC
>> member do this can someone please do so.  If it is fine that I do this to
>> complete the RM activity for this release then please advise.
>>

> Normally the RM is the one who manages the complete workflow of a release,
> from preparation to announcement. That makes much easier many things.
>
> --
> Sergio Fernández
> Partner Technology Manager
> Redlink GmbH
> m: +43 660 2747 925
> e: [hidden email]
> w: http://redlink.co

Re: upload the release to dist...

Billie Rinaldi-2
On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Mentors
>
> assuming the vote passes 46 minutes from now...
>
> Based on feedback from Benson and Billie today it appears that the proper
> approach is for an IPMC member to do the actual uploading of the release
> and binary convenience package.
>
> I'd be more than happy to do this but if it is preferred/proper that a PMC
> member do this can someone please do so.  If it is fine that I do this to
> complete the RM activity for this release then please advise.
>
> The following items need to be built and placed into the dist folder which
> has an SVN path here:
>
>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/nifi
>
> The src release (nifi-0.0.1-incubating):
>

> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1022/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.1-incubating/nifi-0.0.1-incubating-source-release.zip
>

> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1022/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.1-incubating/nifi-0.0.1-incubating-source-release.zip.asc
>

> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1022/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.1-incubating/nifi-0.0.1-incubating-source-release.zip.md5
>

> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1022/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.1-incubating/nifi-0.0.1-incubating-source-release.zip.sha1
>
> The src release (nifi-nar-maven-plugin 1.0.0-incubating):
>

> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1021/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.0.0-incubating/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>

> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1021/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.0.0-incubating/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip.asc
>

> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1021/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.0.0-incubating/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip.md5
>

> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1021/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.0.0-incubating/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip.md5
>
> The binary convenience package:
>
> The only one that would be of use is nifi-0.0.1-incubating . To produce go
> to the root of the source tree in Git:

I think you should copy the source-release artifacts that were already
voted upon into the dist area rather than rebuilding them.  These are the
actual release, and their checksums should match those from the vote.  For
the binary artifact, it might be a more foolproof procedure to build it
from the source package, rather than from git.  Or perhaps doing a git
clean -dxf beforehand would be sufficient.  It's surprisingly easy to end
up with unexpected stuff in your binary packages, which is probably why
they are often included as part of the vote.

> [first build nifi-nar-maven-plugin]
> git checkout nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.0.0-incubating-RC3
> cd nifi-nar-maven-plugin
> mvn clean install
>
> [then build nifi]
> git checkout nifi-0.0.1-incubating-RC3
> cd ../nifi
> mvn -T 2.5C clean install -P \!docs
>
> The binary convenience package is then in nifi-assembly/target/ and is both
> the
> nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz
> nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip
>
> We will need ascii armored signatures for each of those.  That can be built
> by running:
>
> gpg -a -b nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz
>
> We will also need md5 and sha1 hashes for those i believe.  Which can be
> run by:
>
> md5sum nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz | cut -b-32 >
> nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz.md5
> md5sum nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip | cut -b-32 >
> nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip.md5
>
> sha1sum nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz | cut -b-40 >
> nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz.sha1
> sha1sum nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip | cut -b-40 >
> nifi-0.0.1-incubating-bin.zip.sha1
>
> [note we disable the docs profile because enunciate appears to generate a
> JS file which contains dubious licensing information - this will be
> resolved for the next release
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-292]
>
> Once that is all done then I believe we can "Release" the maven staging
> repos.  Merge the tags (nifi-nar-maven-plugin first then nifi) into
> master.  Close the release in Jira.  Dance in the streets.  And so on.

Re: upload the release to dist...

Joe Witt
Billie,

Totally with you.  Will do exactly as you suggest.